Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
It is safe to say that none of us have seen anything quite like the wave of closures, cancellations and postponements this pandemic has caused in our world. The COVID-19 virus and the steps being taken to combat its impact are affecting our lives in significant ways. Our prayers go out to those who are suffering with the disease and the steps being taken to deal with it.
We gathered recently as elders to pray for wisdom and seek God’s direction to navigate these uncharted waters we are facing together as a church. The common theme as we talked and prayed was of God’s sovereignty and control of this situation. Our Lord Jesus Christ is not surprised by what is going on; this is not unprecedented to Him. He is in control. He is guiding all our steps forward in these uncertain times.
We want to update you on our plans for the next few weeks, as we seek to implement the advice and direction from our government health officials by doing our part as a church family to slow the spread of the virus.
The following actions are being taken:
- The assembly of our congregation at the church building will be canceled for the next three weeks: March 22, 29 and April 5th. We will give further updates on this as we get into April.
- Youth group, Kids on the Rock, and the women’s and men’s retreats will be cancelled as well.
- Pastor Marlin will record a weekly message which will be available late Sunday mornings thru a link provided on the church’s website. Emailing of the message is also available.
- An online offering site is being set up so we can continue to worship through weekly giving to the Lord’s work, as He leads each of us to do. Checks can also be mailed to the church address.
- Please continue to minister to each other thru Small Group Studies, if they can be kept to ten people, and you feel you can meet safely while taking the proper “virus safety” precautions.
- As elders, we are committed to stepping up our shepherding interactions with all of you.
With all the cancellations and postponements around us, what will we, Christ’s body, in the Evangelical Free Church of Embarrass be doing? We will be serving the Lord together by ministering to one another in ways which we did not imagine before this week. Let’s use the technology that God has given us to have even more interaction with each other than we ever had before! Now is the time to be in God’s Word so we can encourage one another with what is true. We will be praying for one another, serving one another, bearing one another’s burdens, being accountable to one another, being kind to each other and those around us.
As we are asked to limit our corporate interactions, our body ministry will go into high gear. We will be “speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4:15-16
The road map for us to navigate the days ahead has been given to us over the last 6000 years. “Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Psalm 119:105 We have the Holy Spirit within us to illuminate our way. As sons and daughters in Christ, we need not fear; we need only to follow our Lord in ministry to each other as together we shine a bright light to those who are in darkness.
Ministering with you in the Body of Christ,
The Elders of the Evangelical Free Church of Embarrass
HOW CAN I GIVE MY OFFERING ONLINE?
We have set up a Giving Fuel account as a convenient way to give. If you feel the Lord leading you to give to the Evangelical Free Church of Embarrass, whether a one-time offering or your regular tithe,
you may mail a check or click this link to open our Giving Fuel page. This is a secure site in which you may give your offering. God bless!
Mesabi East Bible Study (online with ZOOM)
A Bible study for those in the Mesabi East area
Gilbert Bible Study (online)
A Bible study for those in the Gilbert area
Women's Bible Study (Canceled)
A Bible study for the women in the church
Kids on the Rock (Canceled)
Fellowship, study, and fun for 4th-6th graders
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
ENGAGE Youth Group (Canceled)
For youth in 7th-12th grades
Foundations Class (on hold)
A small class which meets to learn in-depth Bible doctrine.