What if you were to step on a scale, and it registered your body weight, plus the weight of all the burdens you are carrying right now? Would the scale be maxed out?
Unfortunately, it would be for many of us. Sometimes we carry so many heavy loads, that we find ourselves developing “burden fatigue.”
Could the solution be as simple as singing the old gospel song, “Burdens Are Lifted At Calvary,” three times in a row? Or does God’s word have helpful truths and principles, that when applied, could ease the load?
Let’s check it out.
Announcements: Sunday, October 25, 2020
- Join others from the church who have made a commitment to pray each day at 11:30 am for God’s will over the 2020 elections.
- Our homeschool group, HEED, will meet for a fun activity on Friday, November 6 at 1 pm. This month’s activity is hiking at the Laurentian Divide. Depending on the condition of the trails, this co-op location/activity may change. If you plan to join us in November, please contact Mindy Tuchel at (218) 780-4669 to be up-to-date on the location.
- On Tuesday, the Elders will begin working on next year’s budget. They still need requests from the Men’s and Physical Properties Ministries Teams.
- If you have an announcement for the November 8 bulletin, please submit it to Jennifer as soon as possible. She will be doing bulletins early that week (Tuesday, Nov. 3) because of an upcoming surgery.
- Our Kids on the Rock kids’ club will be putting together shoebox gifts for Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child. We have printed lists available that have age-appropriate gift suggestions. Any donations for this ministry are appreciated! We plan to have the shoeboxes filled and ready for delivery between Nov 16-23. Visit samaritanspurse.org for more info. Locally, contact Verna Sutton for details.
The Message: “The Burden of People-Pleasing”
Are you a people-pleaser? In this week’s message about Burdens, Pastor Marlin examines what is and what is NOT a people-pleaser. Where is your focus? Are you doing for others out of a love of praise and self-gratification, or out of love for God and what is pleasing to Him?
Here’s your study sheet. Click the file name or the Download button for a PDF copy.
Our worship service on Facebook
Audio version through SermonAudio
How to Give an Offering
If you would like to worship through giving, you can mail your offerings to the church or you may give online using this link to Giving Fuel. Have a blessed day, church family!
Previous Messages in series
October 18, 2020: “The Burden of Worry and Anxiety” – Worry and anxiety. These seem to weigh the most, and it was the #1 vote-getter in our poll. Learn how these two burdens take a toll on us, and what Jesus, Paul, and Peter have to say about them. Are you ready to shrug them off?
Click here to watch the Facebook Live video. Advance to 1:28 for Christian’s greeting.
October 11, 2020: “The Burden of Fear” – When carrying the burden of fear, we need to look at two questions: Who is God, and who are we? Those two questions should put your fears to rest, as you learn to shift your perspective.
Click here to watch the Facebook Live video. Advance to 1:16 if you want to skip the intro image.
October 4, 2020: “The Burden of Sin” – As Christians, we are not supposed to carry the burden of sin. When Jesus died on the cross, He carried ALL of our sin with him. This week, Pastor Marlin talks about how we unnecessarily carry a sin burden and how to correct that behavior.
Click here to watch the Facebook Live video version. Advance to 1:06 for a welcome by Nathan Thompson and Christian Dane.
September 20, 2020: “The Loads We Carry” – Pastor Marlin introduces our fall teaching series, “Burdens,” with a message called, “The Loads We Carry.” We all carry burdens, but some are not meant to be carried alone – we need Jesus to help us and teach us along the way.
Use this link to watch the Facebook Live broadcast. Advance to 0:56 to see Nathan and Christian’s “weighty” introduction.