We are a growing, active Evangelical church in the rural community of Embarrass, MN with a unique outreach and ministry to approximately 12 surrounding communities within a radius of 37 miles. In the past several years we have experienced a healthy growth in numbers and have felt God leading us to seek an Associate Pastor.
Our desire would be that the candidate closely match the requirements listed below.
- Experience in church ministry (more important than education)
- Preaching & teaching experience
- Have a good feel for ministry
- Partner well with the pastor (plan series with, pray with, be a friend & brother)
- Be of good character (humble, willing to learn, approachable, able to accept advice)
- Strong in young adult & family ministry (able to motivate them to get involved)
- Able to counsel (sharing in this with the pastor)
- Disciplined to put in the time (a self starter, able to work without supervision, an initiator, available when needed)
- A desire for community involvement
- Able to teach/lead small groups
- Pro Bible Camp (promote camp, encourage kids - not necessarily involved in the camp itself)
- Understand & be able to work within the Iron Range Culture (Associate as well as wife & family)
- Must meet the qualifications of an Elder (as per 1 Tim & Titus)
To be considered for this position please submit a resume to the email address below or a written resume to the church address.
Evangelical Free Church of Embarrass
Attn: Search Committee Staff
5606 Taylor Rd
Embarrass MN 55732